We at 2Ship Solutions Inc. respect your concerns about privacy.
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect about consumers, how we may use the information and with whom we may share it. The notice also describes the measures we take to safeguard the personal information. In addition, we tell you how you can ask us to (i) access or change the personal information we maintain about you, (ii) withdraw consent you previously provided to us, (iii) refrain from sending you certain communications, and (iv) answer questions you may have about our privacy practices.
Information we obtain
We may obtain consumer personal information (such as name, contact details and payment information) in connection with various activities such as (i) use of the 2Ship websites and applications, (ii) shipping activities, including delivery and pick-up of shipments, (iii) requests to track shipments or answer questions, (iv) events in which we participate, (v) promotions and other offers, and (vi) calls placed with customer service centres which may be recorded.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Individual and business contact information (such as name, company name, physical address, email address and telephone or fax number)
- Shipping information (such as (i) shipping-related contact details like the shipper's, and consignee's name, physical address, email address and telephone number, (ii) signature for proof of delivery, (iii) Carrier account number, and (iv) information given to us that helps us access locations to which we provide service) and information provided to us regarding the content of certain shipments, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content.
- Information that enables us to verify an individual's identity
- Names, email addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom we are asked to send information
- Information provided in response to surveys
- Username, password and other credentials used to access 2Ship products and services
- The geographic location of your mobile device if you use certain features of our apps
- Payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and invoicing address) and financial information (such as bank account numbers)
- Tax or business identification number in circumstances in which you request products or services for which this information is required
- Other personal information that may be provided to us to obtain a 2Ship product or service
In addition, when you visit our websites, use our apps, or interact with 2Ship-related tools, widgets or plug-ins, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken, and dates and times of activity. A "cookie" is a text file that websites send to a visitor's computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A "web beacon" also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages or apps to web servers and may be used to transmit information back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain and store â€œclickstreamâ€ data to tell us usage patterns. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. We also may use third-party analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our websites or apps. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all the features of our websites or apps.
How we use the information we obtain
We may use the information we obtain to:
- Allow carriers to pick up, deliver and track shipments
- Provide products and services you request
- Process and collect payments
- Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments
- Send you tracking updates and help you select convenient delivery options
- Establish and manage your 2Ship account
- Offer you products and services we believe may interest you
- Send information to your contacts if you ask us to do so
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analysing and enhancing our products, services, websites and apps; ensuring the security of our networks and information systems; performing accounting, auditing, invoicing, reconciliation and collection activities; and improving and maintaining the quality of our customer services)
- Protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activity, claims and other liabilities
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies
- Establish, exercise, and defend legal claims
- Monitor and report compliance issues
In addition, we use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users' visits to our websites and apps, (ii) delivering content tailored to our users' interests and the manner in which our users browse our websites and apps, and (iii) managing our business. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our websites and apps and identify users of our websites and apps.
Information we share
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice. To perform our services, we share shipping information with third parties such as carriers, shippers, consignees, third party payers and recipients. We also share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Non-2Ship places and services
For your convenience and information our websites and apps may contain links to non-2Ship places that may be operated by companies. These companies may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review. Our services also may be made available to you through third-party platforms or through other third-party channels. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-2Ship places or services.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
When we transfer your personal information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with applicable law. We use contractual protections for the transfer of personal information among various jurisdictions (including, for example, the European Commission's standard contractual clauses).
How we protect personal information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Data protection rights
2Ship would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access - You have the right to request 2Ship for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification - You have the right to request that 2Ship correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request 2Ship to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure - You have the right to request that 2Ship erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that 2Ship restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to 2Ship's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability - You have the right to request that 2Ship transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates to our privacy notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at email@example.com
You also may write to us at:
2Ship Solutions Inc.
14-55 Administration Rd
Last update: September 1, 2020